NFS ProStreet Video Analysis | An In-depth Look ~ Gamers World Bangladesh Blog

Saturday, September 15, 2007

NFS ProStreet Video Analysis | An In-depth Look

EA Blackbox has taken NFS ProStreet in a new direction - the right one. The recent NFS series have been sub par at best. While I enjoyed Most Wanted and Underground 2, but I can't say the same for Carbon.

A couple of trailers have been released. Here's what I like so far: 

View the E3 2007 Vehicle Physics Trailer 1. The physics engine: The previous NFS games lacked an important element - the physics. Sure its an arcade racer but you need the rudimentary physics at the very least. No, I am not saying that turn NFS into Gran Turismo or Project Gotham Racing. What I am saying is that if I drive a car, it should feel like one and handle accordingly. I am sick of pulling off all those corners at excessively high speeds - it's plain dumb. While I don't know whether the cars handle realistically in ProStreet but I can sure say one thing - the crashes rock! Which brings me to my next point.

View the E3 2007 High Speed Crash Gameplay Trailer2. Realistic damage models: Now, the car makers won't like it, but I sure love crashing an expensive car (in videogames, that is)! EA has acquired rights to apply damage models to these licensed cars which means even more realistic damages. Gone are the days of minor scrapes and broken rearview mirrors. We're talking about body transformations that truly mimics what you'd expect if you drove a Mazda head long into a wall at 150 mph.

View the Exclusive Speed Challenge Trailer 3. Sense of speed: The fast paced action packed races are back in NFS ProStreet. From what I saw, you really do feel like driving a fast sports car. I hope they feature motion blur this time.

4. A change of locale: What does NFS Underground, Underground 2, Most Wanted and Carbon have in common? They are all about illegal racing in cities. While it rocked in Underground and Underground 2, but the midnight racing theme is getting a bit - um, I don't know - a bit boring. So kudos to EA for making the switch to daylight locations and not making me drive in a city all again.

5. Getting rid of those cheesy cut scenes they called a story line: They might have worked in Underground and Most Wanted but Carbon was a laugh off. I barely went through them - all I want is some good old fashioned racing. But the racing girls are hear to stay (thanks!) and EA hinted that there will be some sort of persuasion to keep players going for more.

View the Exclusive Smoke Trailer 6. Smoke effects: I just love what I saw - the burning of rubber and getting to see the smoke as it fills the air. This is a new feature in the NFS franchise. Hope they handle it properly and not blow it off.

Now that's not to say that I like everything in NFS ProStreet. I was a bit disappointed with what I saw in one trailer - the way that the cars drove off the cliffs - they seemed a bit too flimsy for my likings. Anyway, don't take my word for it. Head on to Gametrailers and see them yourself. Can't wait for NFS ProStreet to release this October.

RELATED ARTICLES:

NFS heads to a new direction : PROSTREET
NFS Carbon Collector's Edition DVD Giveaway
Exclusive NFS ProStreet Screenshots

Play Free Online Games

Site best viewed in Internet Explorer 7 at minimum resolution of 1024x768 pixels.

© Gamers World Bangladesh 2006-2007. All Rights Reserved.